Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Adopt-A-Family

Every year my division at work will adopt a few families to provide a Christmas for.  I had the privilege of being the coordinator for the event this year.  I wanted to do everything I could for the three families we had adopted and their eight children.  It is such a humbling experience to see what these children have to deal with and the condition of the places they live.

I spent several weeks sending emails, collecting donations, shopping, and organizing.  I have to admit that at times I wished I could just give the responsibility to someone else but in the end, it was all worth it.  It's such a rewarding feeling knowing that I helped play a part in giving these children a Christmas they will never forget.

Below is a picture of me and several of my coworkers before we went to deliver all the presents.  We gave each family a $75 Kroger gift card, a holiday dinner, a set of towels, laundry basket, and laundry detergent.  Each child received at least two outfits, a pair of shoes, and a few toys. 





No comments:

Post a Comment