Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

PBR and Lady A

March is one of our busiest months of the year.  Mostly because of the 20 days of rodeo that are going on.  It has been less than a week and we have already been twice.  We went last Saturday for the Professional Bull Riders (PBR) event and got to watch some amazing bull riding.  PBR is kind of like the Nascar of bull riding in that the same 25 guys travel around the US and compete against each other every few days in order to improve their standing and win the big trophy at the end of the season.  They put on a great show and I know we will want to go again if they come back next year.

Derek and I at PBR
I'm making a collection of the great cowboy
names I see.  Here is Stormy Wing.  Hopefully
this year I will spot Howdy Cloud again.
It all goes so fast.  Cowboy is about to face plant and the bull
fighter is trying to protect him.
I thought this kid was
precious!  He is so cute in
his cowboy hat and bull
fighter jersey!


Thursday night we went to the rodeo to see Lady Antebellum.  We went to see them last year but I really didn't enjoy their performance.  It seemed very slow and dreary.  This year, they picked up the beat and did an awesome show that I thoroughly enjoyed.  We picked some seats down low and sat there until the rightful owner came to claim them about three songs into the performance.  Then we went to The Chute Club to watch the show and get cheap drinks.  The thing about the clubs is that you have to be a member of the rodeo in order to get in there so it was us and other volunteers as well as the cowboys that were competing earlier in the night.  Because it is a private club, they can serve drinks really cheap.  I got a giant 8 oz glass of wine for $4, and at that size I only needed one.  It was a fun night!
Enjoying my huge glass of wine and
loving my new badge holder!

Getting ready for Saddle Bronc riding.  It is amazing how big
this place is and how many people come.  This is early so
the seats aren't filled yet.











Lady A!
Hanging out in The Chute Club.  Notice the cowboy up at the
bar with his leather number still on his back.  Derek says
he is a bull dogger which means he competes in Steer Wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment