Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Spending a Few Days on MC

Derek headed to Houston on Friday so of course I came down sick this weekend. I tried to fight it off on my own but when I woke up Monday morning with a 102 degree fever I decided I should go see a doctor. I had yet to visit the doctor since moving to Singapore so this was my first experience with medical care here.

There is a group of doctors that takes care of all the expats from my company so that is where I headed. The doctor that examined me diagnosed me with a stomach virus and wrote me a few prescriptions and an MC note. In Singapore, you are only allowed to take a sick day from work if you have this medical certificate (MC) to prove you were indeed ill. She wrote it for two days and told me not to return to work until Wednesday.

The other difference from American healthcare is that I had my prescriptions before I left the doctors office. The pharmacies here only carry over-the-counter medications and so the real prescriptions come straight from the doctors office. I saw the doctor and was on my way home with my MC and medicine after only 30 minutes. That is faster than it takes just to get your prescription filled at CVS.

I'm following the doctors orders and feel like I'm on the mend. At least I have the Maddie dog to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment