Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Whirlwind Trip to Houston

I am very fortunate to have a job that allows me to travel and this past week it sent me back to Houston for a network meeting.  I was incredibly excited to go as I had not been to Houston since we moved away seven months ago.  I had just under a week there and I tried to make the most of it.  There was lots of shopping, eating, and spending time with friends!

First meal when I arrived Friday in Houston had to be Chuy's with Greg, Andrea, and sweet little Ellie.  If you live in South Carolina and don't know the wonder of Chuy's, you will soon as there is a restaurant opening in Greenville.  Once you have a margarita and some creamy jalapeno dip, you will be hooked!

On Saturday, I was up early and started shopping as soon as the stores opened.  Derek and I had a long list of things to get so I visited grocery, clothing, and drug stores.  It was so nice to be able to walk into a store and find exactly what I needed.  I walked down the aisles of Trader Joe's and Central Market in awe of the selection and prices of food.  Oh how I miss it!

I was honored to get the opportunity to attend the wedding of a good friend and coworker.  Megan was radient and the party was wonderful!  I really enjoyed getting to see all my Houston coworkers, too.  Wishing Megan and Stu the best!

Allison and I with the beautiful bride
Baytown Reunited!
After a great post-wedding brunch on Sunday, Allison and I headed to the outlets for some serious shopping.  I brought three empty suitcases with me and I intended to fill every single one of them.

The rest of the week was spent attending meetings during the day, errands and shopping after work, and then dinner with friends.  I barely had a free moment all week but it was all worth it!  I left with over 100lbs of food, clothing, and household items.  Hopefully I will be back in June for another meeting!

This is how you know you are back in Singapore.  Water features and palm trees
at baggage claim.  
I get a lot of questions about the things I had to buy and eat so here is part of my list:

Buy
  • Salsa
  • Wine
  • Beer
  • Buffalo Sauce
  • Grits
  • Vitamins
  • Advil/Aleve
  • Razors
  • Cosmetics
  • Candles
  • Candy
  • Clothing
  • Brita filters
  • Picture frames (seems strange but we really had a hard time finding ones we liked in Singapore)
  • Other boring and random stuff that I can't find or is too expensive to buy in Singapore
Restaurants
  • Chuy's - Texmex
  • Chick-fil-a (I went 3 times)
  • Churrascos - Argentinean Steakhouse
  • Smoothie King
  • Torchy's Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment