Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

2 Months! Back to Work I Go!

On the 16th Caroline turned two months!  It has been quite a month since I had to go back to work.  Once the grandparents left I had just one and a half weeks of maternity leave left and tried to make the most of it.  I finally got to live the life of an expat spouse like meeting Derek for lunch, coffee and lunch dates with friends, and grocery shopping when everything isn't so ridiculously crowded.  Caroline and I had a great time!

My first week back at work was a short one because Tuesday was a public holiday.  This made that first Monday bearable because I could spend the following day with my little girl.  Now that we are through my second week back we are finally settling into a routine.  Caroline is now sleeping 7-8 hours straight at night which means I'm not a complete zombie in the office.  It is hard to leave her every morning but it is made much easier knowing she is at home being well taken care of by her nanny, Fedelynn.

Caroline started rolling over from front to back starting at 5 weeks.  She has done it a handful of times since then although we haven't managed to catch it on camera.  At her 2 month appointment I told the doctor this and she seemed quite surprised and skeptical (it's a 3-4 month milestone) until she put Caroline down on her stomach to check her and she rolled right over.  Perfect timing!  This month Caroline has also started smiling at us and has started to talk a bit.  She loves when we talk to her and tries to join in on the conversation with her sweet coos.  She makes every single day brighter!  We are so fortunate to have such a healthy and happy little lady!

Just two weeks until she gets to make her first trip to the US!  After hanging around Singapore for two months, it is time to put that passport to good use.

Smiling at daddy



Just to show how much she has grown in 1 month!
2 Months 
1 Month

No comments:

Post a Comment