Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

G-Vegas

During Clemson graduation weekend I stayed in Greenville (we called it G-Vegas when we were in school) with my older brother.  Usually whenever I'm in Greenville I'm just passing through on my way somewhere else but this weekend I had some time to see more of Greenville.  I have to admit that there is more to Greenville than I ever gave it credit for and I can completely understand why so many people want to live there.

Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's Market.  We've been to a couple markets in Houston but this one was bigger and better.  We didn't buy much but I did get to enjoy some delicious gluten free muffins!
Half of the farmers market.  The other half is behind me.
After the Farmer's Market I went shopping with my mom.  We don't get to spend much time alone these days so it was a real treat!

There was more shopping to be done that afternoon at Artisphere.  Tents lined the streets of downtown Greenville filled with paintings, sculptures, jewelry, and other decorative items.  My favorite thing was watching a vendor blow glass and a street performer.

He was making a glass oak tree.
This girl would play the drums but only if
you put money in the hat.
After exhausting ourselves at Artisphere we went to dinner at The Trappe Door.  It is a wonderful restaurant modeled after a Belgian Ale house.  We enjoyed mussels, frites, truffle aioli (or as Brett likes to call it "dirt from Cinderella's forest"), and some great family time.  I am so happy I was able to spend the weekend with my family and I'm really looking forward to spending more time with them in a couple weeks!

John and Layne 
Me and my Mom!
Chris and Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment