Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Torchy's and Anvil

The last few weekends have been busy with saying goodbye to some of our dearest friends and spending time with my parents who made a quick trip down to visit.  I haven't been taking as many pictures as I should but at least remembered to when Derek and I went on a date Saturday night.

I read about a taco place in Houston that I was anxious to try.  Torchy's Tacos is a taco joint that started as a food trailer in Austin.  They were a smash hit and expanded rapidly with one of the new establishments being in Houston.  Our only regret about the meal was that we hadn't had it sooner.  Torchy's was awesome and we hope to make it back again soon.  We definitely recommend it!

Derek's tacos - The Republican (grilled
jalapeno sausage) and the American (fried chicken).
It's like they were made to be eaten together.
My tacos - Green Chili Pork and
Mr. Pink (seared Ahi tuna)



After dinner we headed over to one of the most highly acclaimed cocktail bars in Houston, Anvil. What we love about Anvil is that they make cocktails the way they are supposed to be made - with real, fresh ingredients and homemade syrups.  I could sit for hours and just watch them shake and stir drinks because when you make them that well, it really is an artform.  The menu this summer featured cocktails from the south so we were excited to try a few.
This is the map they had on the menu to show just what is Deep South. Love it!
Our first two cocktails: Chatham Artillery Punch and the Gatling Barrel.
My next cocktail was my favorite, the Dewberry Swizzle!
Cheers! To more delicious nights out!

No comments:

Post a Comment