Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Family Vacation

Because we were already in South Carolina for Katie and Adam's wedding we decided to use the opportunity to spend some time with both of our families.  My sister-in-law, niece, and nephew were in town so we tried to make the most of the time we had together.  William and Lauren came to the wedding and danced the night away!

Me and Lauren
William is getting so big!
William and Lauren watching Aunt Katie dancing
Wishing the rest of the family could have made it!
The sister I never had
Lauren dancing with Uncle Derek
William was a dancing machine
Lauren dancing with Aunt Katie.
She LOVES Katie. 
Lauren and William dancing
After the wedding we headed to Surfside Beach to spend a few days in the sun and the sand.  I loved getting to spend the time with Lauren, William, Beth, Courtney, and my parents.  I just wish we could have stayed longer.

Lauren at the end of the dock 
Sunrise on the beach
Sunrise
Family at the beach.  Thanks to Courtney for taking photos
for us!
So stinkin' cute
Love these kids!
We left the beach midweek and drove back to my parents but not without a stop at Shealy's BBQ. Shealy's has the best fried chicken I've had anywhere and I didn't want to lose the chance to get some!
Fried chicken perfection.  Nothing better than
a Shealy's pulley bone!
On Wednesday my parents drove us to Social Circle, GA to eat at the Blue Willow Inn and to transfer us to Derek's parents so we could spend the rest of the week with him.  On we went to Atlanta for a few days of shopping and celebrating Derek's mother being 5 years cancer free!  Congratulations, Janet!

Derek and I at the 5 Year Cancer Free Party 
Half of a smoked hog for the party! 
It was a wonderful week spent with both our families and we look forward to getting to see everyone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment