Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Quick Trip to the US

I was really excited when I found out I would be going back to The States for a business trip in October.  When I went to book the flight I realized I could fly in a couple days early at no extra cost so I ceased the opportunity!  I was able to fly all the way to Augusta so I could spend a couple days with my parents.  It was wonderful to spend some quality time with them, go to the Clemson game, eat delicious American food, and shop!

We made it up to Clemson early to eat at the Waffle House
John is managing and give him his new car.
So glad I got to meet up with Katie! 
Love the glimpse of Tillman
It was Military Appreciation Day at the Clemson vs. Virginia Tech game and it was one of the best displays of military appreciation I have had the pleasure to witness.  It started off with Daniel Rodriguez, veteran turned football player, running down the hill waving the American flag.  There was the usual flyover and message from the troops but what made it so spectacular was the half time show.  The bands from both schools took the field together to play a medley of American and military songs as those that served were asked to stand and be honored.  After a 21 gun salute that sent chills up your spine, the bands played "Stars and Stripes Forever" as they formed the outline of the USA with the states of South Carolina and Virginia highlighted.

AMAZING!
On Sunday we went to church, got my fill of Zaxby's, and then my mom and I headed to D.C. for the business part of my trip.  Despite having to work, we were able to make the most of our time together.
DC Cupcakes!
So many delicious cupcakes.  We chose just six of them and
they were all wonderful!
A walk around the office to see the leaves changing colors.  There are
only two seasons in Singapore: Rainy Season and everything else.
 I have thoroughly enjoyed this week in the US but I will admit I am looking forward to getting back to Singapore.  Hopefully I will be able to return for another meeting in March, if not I will be back in June! 

No comments:

Post a Comment